Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A much better day.

Today had all the productiveness of yesterday, making me feel equally accomplished as yesterday but without all the grumpiness I had yesterday.
This morning I had gym which is always a good omen. Gym is a great way to start off the day. Also, Allie gave me a lollipop later. That was really great.
After school I did so much work. I went to town, and really got things done. In addition to all the homework due the next two days, I practiced piano, and worked out. So productive.
Anyway. I guess the really noteworthy thing was the lollipop. It was really great.

In 1912, New Mexico was admitted as the 47th state. January is a popular month for expansion.
In 1994, Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the knee at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Detroit.
In 1995, A chemical fire in an apartment complex in Manila,Philippines, lead to the discovery of plans for Project Bojinka, a mass-terrorist attack.
In 2005, American Civil Rights Movement: Edgar Ray Killen was arrested as a suspect in the 1964 murders of three civil rights workers.

Despite the territorial gain, history seems riddled with some pretty ugly stuff today. I'm happy to say I've certainly had a better day.

Hope it's a good one,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment