Monday, January 4, 2010

A very funny day.

Today I was in one of those moods. A crazy good one for no reason. But hey, there is nothing wrong with that. This morning it hit. That ton of bricks leaving me to realize that I was to return to school today. But I embraced it seeing as there was no fighting it, and took it with as much optimism as possible. On the ride to school my BFF Craig gave me a water bottle and the radio played good music so nothing could go wrong.
First period we had swimming, he and I. And let me tell you. Boy are we horrible swimmers. Man. We played one on one pool basketball instead of water polo with everyone else as to not embarrass ourselves. When one of us lifted the rock out of the water, we immediately sunk for the ball was the only thing keeping us afloat. We played most of the game hanging on the pool wall, but we decided shots taken while not holding on for dear life to the sides were worth double. I somehow managed to pull out a 17-11 victory, and much hilarity did ensue.
For lunch my friends and I went and got pizza. Pizza is easily the best food. But I am sort of embarrassed to tell people that because its so unoriginal. But it's so true. Thank you Marco Polo or whoever invented it.
When I came home I did nonstop homework until, well now, but I was fine with it because none of it was that boring. (math. math is the boring one.)
Now I'm very sleepy though and I'd rather not ramble and bore you anymore about the every minute detail of my stellar day.

Today in history, Christopher Columbus left the New World in 1493 ending his first voyage. Thank God. I am very opinionated on Christopher Columbus. I think he is a horrible horrible person and it's a shame that this wasn't his last voyage.
In 1896, Utah was admitted as the 45th state. Good going America. It seems like a popular theme lately. State admission that is.
In 1903, Topsy the Elephant was electrocuted to death for stomping on people. It couldn't help being big. I think that is so mean. What's worse is that Thomas Edison filmed the event as to capitalize on the giant's misfortune. What a jerk.
In 1974, Nixon refused to hand over the Watergate tapes. Don't know what to say on this one. "I am not a crook?"

Anyway, I'm awestruck at how cruel history was today. Exploitation of natives and then execution of and Elephant. I clearly won this one.

Hope it's a good one,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment